Maurice’s Valises Book Donation Program
We have donated over 40,000 books this summer!!
The more a child is read to, the more knowledge they absorb. Research shows that specific areas of the brain are affected when young children are exposed to books at an early age. There have been many studies that show reading to babies and toddlers gives them a head start and helps to prepare them for school later down the line by stimulating their cognitive and language development.
Reading together encourages a thirst for knowledge, develops a child’s imagination and creativity. Reading improves cognitive function, prepares children for success in school and ensures that a child is exposed to vocabulary on a range of topics. Books help children understand emotions and learn to feel and recognize empathy.
We donate books to schools, libraries, children’s organizations and hospitals.
A few of Maurice’s Valises book donation recipients:
- Massachusetts General Hospital Boston
- Great Ormond Street Hospital of London
- Landspitali Children’s Hospital of Reykjavik
- Ronald McDonald House New York
- Children’s Hospital Boston
- Tufts Hospital-Aces Playroom Medford
- Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital Pediatric Units Boston
- Shaare Zedek Hospital London/Jerusalem
- Shriners Hospital for Children
- The Mathers School
- Boys and Girls Clubs
- International Book Project
- Pajama Program
- Kids Need To Read
- Boston Public Library-East Boston Branch
- Hands Across the Sea
- Bernie’s Book Bank
- The Pilcrow Foundation
- The Brothers Brother Foundation
- Miriam Beza Memorial Foundation